One of our clients had a LOT of recipes to input. There is an international standard about recipe formats, and this add-on provides a quick and easy way to enter them correctly. The formatting is all handled for you. This is a great example of an add-on for a very specific use.
New York Style Pizza Dough
New York style pizza is traditionally hand-tossed, consisting in its basic form of a light layer of tomato sauce and genuine mozzarella cheese; additional toppings are placed atop the cheese. Pies are large, typically around 18 inches (45 cm) in diameter, and commonly cut into 8 slices. - wikipedia.org
American / Italian
Type of Dish Main Course
Published Mar 10, 2015
- 4 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.9 cups Luke Warm Water
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in bowl of food processor. Pulse 3 to 4 times until incorporated.
- Add olive oil and water. Run food processor until mixture forms ball that rides around the bowl above the blade, about 15 seconds. Continue processing 15 seconds longer.
- Transfer dough ball to lightly floured surface and knead once or twice by hand until smooth ball is formed. It should pass the windowpane test.
- Divide dough into three even parts and place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a (big) zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 1 day, and up to 5.
- Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Roll out with a rolling pin if you prefer (hand throwing is an art!) just before adding toppings and baking.